Sunday, March 27, 2011

Favorite Things

We recently created a play area for the girls in our living room, complete with a ton of awesome toys and a Disney fairy play mat.



 But I'll be damned if Eliza's favorite toy isn't the remote control:



Those of you who know me, even just a little bit, know that I love me some television.  If you read the blog, you know that I recently started letting the girls watch some TV so I could get a few minutes to myself, but that I have been feeling a little guilty about it.  Well, I'll tell you what makes me feel insecure about my parenting skills - the fact that my 9 month old daughter seems to know exactly what to do with the remote control.  Yikes!  Guess I better ease up on the boob tube.

 

Meanwhile, Harper has had to start wearing an eye patch over her left eye for 30 minutes a day to help strengthen her right eye.


Luckily, she was already familiar with the concept, as it is prominently featured in her very favorite book, "That's Not My Pirate!"


And, I took the girls on a trip to Dallas to see some of my very favorite people and we spent a day at one of my very favorite Dallas places - the Arboretum.  Everything was in full bloom and we had an amazing time!

Eliza (l), Harper (r) at Dallas Blooms

From left: Harper, me, Eliza, My cousin Renee and her son Reilly who is the same age as the girls at the Arboretum

These are a few of our favorite things!

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, Eliza with the remote and Harpsichord with the eye patch. Love it. Haaaarrrp!

    ReplyDelete