Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Loving Texas

Harper (L), Eliza (R)


The girls and I have been really enjoying the Texas "winter" lately.  There are some times in the summer when I am just so over the heat and ready to move anywhere cooler.  But, then spring, fall and winter come around and I remember why I stay.

Every time I talk to my sister in Boston, she is telling me about slogging through slushy snow and ice and how the high was in the 30s that day. I have to say, I am not envious!

It's been just perfect weather for walking.  I bundle the girls up in blankets and hats and I am fine in a t-shirt and jacket.  We have  been touring the neighborhood and it is so great to get out of the house and get some fresh air (even if it is polluted with cedar pollen).  Just what I need to reinvigorate after a rather trying couple of weeks.

2 comments: